Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mistakes at Work
I have a colleague who keeps on making mistakes at work.  I have showed her how to do it several times but still she keeps on making mistakes.  What is the best thing to do?  Should I tell my boss?
I personally think you will need to make sure why she is not able to work well. If she is trying harder then you should definitely give her chance, on the other hand if you think she is not giving time or just want salary for free tell the boss.
(06-26-2017, 08:13 PM)Tanzi Wallis Wrote: I have a colleague who keeps on making mistakes at work.  I have showed her how to do it several times but still she keeps on making mistakes.  What is the best thing to do?  Should I tell my boss?

First and foremost , you need to investigate the issue then talk directly to the person who made a mistake before you tell it to your boss.  After, I suggest that you should talk to your manager now to look for effective measures to improving your quality control in relation to the tasks. You will need to define, find the root cause then resolve the problem. Its like using preventive and action plans for improvements.
(07-05-2017, 09:06 AM)Greatdeal Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 08:13 PM)Tanzi Wallis Wrote: I have a colleague who keeps on making mistakes at work.  I have showed her how to do it several times but still she keeps on making mistakes.  What is the best thing to do?  Should I tell my boss?

First and foremost , you need to investigate the issue then talk directly to the person who made a mistake before you tell it to your boss.  After, I suggest that you should talk to your manager now to look for effective measures to improving your quality control in relation to the tasks. You will need to define, find the root cause then resolve the problem. Its like using preventive and action plans for improvements.

Thanks! Do you think a corrective action preventive actionwill really work best? I've seen some of the people I know use it and I'm considering it then eventually tell my boss.