Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what are tags?
I am currently learning about marketing tags and would like to ask a few questions and hope that any of the members could answer.

1. In layman's language, what are marketing tags?
2. Is it true that deploying tags can delay new marketing campaigns and can even slow page load times? 
3. can tags put data privacy at risk?
4. Are tag management systems the solution in the marketing technology stack?
5. how does a TMS affect a site's performance?
6. Who is the best TMS vendor?

Sorry for all these questions, I do not have a better understanding of what tags are and i would like to know more about it. Thanks!
1. Marketing tags are mediums for collecting data from a website. I think hashtags are considered as marketing tags.

2. On the marketing end, tagging bottlenecks delay time-sensitive campaigns. Every campaign’s deployment hinges on how quickly IT can retag, which is usually not so quickly. Even when the process is complete, every error you have to correct and/or change you want to make means returning the project to IT’s queue. (source: http://ipullrank.com/google-tag-manager/)

3. I think it can. Simply because they instruct web browsers to collect data and it can cause leakage of sensitive data from the browser.

4 & 5. Tag management systems replace these multiple tags with a single container tag and subsequently prioritize and "fire" individual tags as appropriate based on business rules, navigation events and known data.

Typical functionality includes testing environment (sandboxing), audit trail/version control, ability to A/B test different solutions, tag deduplication, and role-based access to data. (source: wikipedia)

6. I can suggest Telium and Ensighten.

I hope that above details could give you a better understand about marketing tags.
(08-04-2016, 06:23 AM)Agatha Stewart Wrote: 1. Marketing tags are mediums for collecting data from a website. I think hashtags are considered as marketing tags.

2. On the marketing end, tagging bottlenecks delay time-sensitive campaigns. Every campaign’s deployment hinges on how quickly IT can retag, which is usually not so quickly. Even when the process is complete, every error you have to correct and/or change you want to make means returning the project to IT’s queue. (source: http://ipullrank.com/google-tag-manager/)

3. I think it can. Simply because they instruct web browsers to collect data and it can cause leakage of sensitive data from the browser.

4 & 5.  Tag management systems replace these multiple tags with a single container tag and subsequently prioritize and "fire" individual tags as appropriate based on business rules, navigation events and known data.

Typical functionality includes testing environment (sandboxing), audit trail/version control, ability to A/B test different solutions, tag deduplication, and role-based access to data. (source: wikipedia)

6. I can suggest Telium and Ensighten.

I hope that above details could give you a better understand about marketing tags.

I appreciate your detailed answer and it gave me a clearer picture of "tag management details". Anyway, TY so much for helping. Smile
A tag (or often called pixel) is a short snippet of javascript (code) that does something on your website. https://taginspector.com/wp/marketing-ta...-function/