Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covid-19
The pandemic’s mental health impact has been pronounced among the communities of color also experiencing disproportionately high rates of COVID-19 cases and deaths. Black and Hispanic adults have been more likely than White adults to report symptoms of anxiety and/or depressive disorder during the pandemic. This disparate mental health impact comes in addition to Black and Hispanic communities experiencing disproportionately high rates of coronavirus cases and deaths (overall as well as among health care workers and in nursing homes), and negative financial impacts. Throughout the pandemic, women have been more likely to report poor mental health compared to men. For example, 47% of women reported symptoms of anxiety and/or depressive disorder compared to 38% of men in December 2020. Among women in the workplace, more than one in four are considering leaving their jobs or reducing their hours, with many citing burnout and household responsibilities as the primary reason. Even before the pandemic, women were more likely than men to report mental health disorders, including serious mental illness. What are your personal thoughts about this one?
I guess the numbers are for educational purposes only but in reality, race or community is not a determining factor in how the pandemic affected their mental health.
(08-27-2021, 07:31 AM)terrycrash Wrote: I guess the numbers are for educational purposes only but in reality, race or community is not a determining factor in how the pandemic affected their mental health.

Yup! Huge facts out there, terry. They're just a bluff and it was made because they still have no concrete statistics to cover up the situation.
The amount of unintentional or just outright cruelty that came from unnecessarily hardcore restrictions deserves a few long chapters in the history of this pandemic. Mental breakdown, anxiety, loneliness, and depression mostly happen through no fault of the people suffering from it. Mental health has become a buzzword, which revolves around some serious misconceptions. While what can be good for me might not be good for you, there are certain general things that best worked with me in keeping my mental health safe, especially in this pandemic.
There can be awful days but, you always have to find a blessing in disguise. So it is a nice option that you practice ways of finding happiness and be religious with it. Avoiding negativity, in whatever form it be - social media or mainstream media. Also, master the art of not indulging in toxic positivity. This can happen when you acknowledge and feel all your emotions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you deal with the CoViD-19? Tanzi Wallis 2 1,622 12-03-2020, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Tanzi Wallis
  Know all the CoViD-19 Symptoms Tanzi Wallis 1 1,482 11-30-2020, 11:56 AM
Last Post: terrycrash