Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addiction to mobile phones
Guys, are you familiar with "Nomophobia"? It is commonly related to the fear of being without a mobile phone. I guess, its an addiction. I am asking because most teens seem to be addicted to their smartphones including mine. Some have excessive use of it.  How will I know if it's a phobia or a disorder? How can a person cope with Nomophobia?
(07-05-2018, 04:48 PM)Tanzi Wallis Wrote: Guys, are you familiar with "Nomophobia"? It is commonly related to the fear of being without a mobile phone. I guess, its an addiction. I am asking because most teens seem to be addicted to their smartphones including mine. Some have excessive use of it.  How will I know if it's a phobia or a disorder? How can a person cope with Nomophobia?
Nomophobia is like being too attached to a mobile phone for no reason at all and a person can't go without it.
I'm familiar with it but coping with such a disorder takes time.
Nomophobia can be linked to a kind of addiction to a mobile phone. A person who displays an unusual habit will need guidance and help already.
Thanks to all your opinion! I have read from a page of betterhelp, that getting more info about nomophobia is the primary step in overcoming the fear of mobile phone disconnection. There could be different approaches to therapy as a treatment for such kind of disorder.
(07-13-2018, 12:03 PM)Agatha Stewart Wrote: I'm familiar with it but coping with such a disorder takes time.

Do you have any idea how long it takes and the process?